Due to the rapid growth of securities trading, we are looking for talented software engineers to join our dedicated IT team for managing information systems to facilitate trading in various markets, including Hong Kong, China, other foreign markets and Phillip Mart. Particularly, we are recruiting software professionals for the following four areas.
In this position, you will be responsible for managing connectivity projects relating to different entities, including stock exchanges and prime brokers, for order routing and execution. You will also be involved in the whole onboarding processes of institutional clients, such as international brokers and proprietary traders, to establish FIX connections for trading local and global securities. You are required to communicate with their business and technical representatives to identify trading issues, analyse FIX messages, and provide solutions in a timely manner.
- Work closely with financial institutions in onboarding and conformance processes
- Monitor and resolve middle office system and FIX connectivity issues
- Coordinate with system developers on issues reporting, troubleshooting, patching and testing
- Communicate with internal and external clients to resolve trading issues
- Develop and maintain software applications for middle office system integration
In this position, you will be responsible for managing various market data projects with the support of our in-house Phillip Message Publishing (PMP) technology. You will be involved in the design, development and deployment of price feed software that receives real-time market data from stock exchanges and disseminates formatted data to our retail and institutional clients. You will be also tasked with the ongoing system upgrade of market data software such as HKEx OMD system.
- Design and develop real-time market data software with in-house PMP technology
- Integrate new market data source into trading platforms
- Provide assistance, troubleshoot and support to facilitate client onboarding processes
- Monitor and resolve market data system issues with internal and external clients
- Maintain HKEx OMD system for ongoing system upgrades and market rehearsals
Middle Office Services
In this role, you will be responsible for managing middle office systems that provide administration and data services to internal and external clients. You will be involved in the design, development and deployment of web portals for users to manage client accounts and generate various reports. You will work closely with the middle office, settlement and accounting department to enable office automation and enhance internal control.
- Design and develop intranet and B2B portal modules to support middle office operations, such as account management, report generation, trade confo generation etc., for internal and external clients
- Communicate with business clients to obtain and analyse their user requirements
- Enhance existing system modules to cater for different business models and meet changing business needs
- Design and develop an US tax reporting module with the data from back office system
- Integrate the middle office modules with office automation tools to reduce manual processes
- Provide support, troubleshoot and patching regarding middle office systems
In this role, you will be responsible for developing iOS / Android apps, with the web API for our retail and institutional clients. You will work on the design and development of various modules, including authentication, market data updates, mobile trading, events notification and provision of other customer services. In addition, you will be involved in the development of other supplementary systems, such as notification system using Firebase and authentication system with Google Authenticator.
- Design and develop iOS / Android apps according to business needs
- Develop supplementary systems related to mobile apps such as 2FA and notification systems
- Enhance existing mobile apps with respect to changing business requirements
- Communicate with API developers to facilitate mobile apps development
- Provide support, troubleshoot and updates to mobile apps and related systems
Subject to your knowledge and interests, as well as our management decisions, you would be assigned to one of the areas above. You are welcomed to indicate your preferred area(s) in your application for our consideration.
In Phillip, you will work in our IT team with unfailing support from other team members. We hope that not only do your contributions create values for the company, but also the knowledge and exposure gained in Phillip could enrich your career life.
Fresh graduates are welcome to apply. Experienced or capable candidates will be considered for the Senior Software Engineer post.
- Bachelor degree / Associate degree / Higher diploma students in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related disciplines
- 0 to 3 years of experience or good knowledge in one or more programming skills (Visual C++ / Visual C# / VB.NET / ASP.NET / Java)
- Good understanding of client- server model and computer network
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate self-initiative, good analytical and problem solving skills
- Interested in securities brokerage business
- performance bonus
- career development prospect
- flat organization and collaborative environment
If you are looking for growth and opportunities, please e-mail a full resume, indicating your preferred area(s), with present salary (if any) and expected salary to our P&A Department, Phillip Securities Group.
Why limit yourself
When you can be widely different?
Founded in 1975 in Singapore, PhillipCapital now has a worldwide operations network in 13 countries and regions: Singapore, Hong Kong, China, USA, Japan, United Kingdom, France, Australia, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Sri Lanka and Turkey, and employs more than 2,800 staff in Asia and Europe with total shareholders' funds in excess of US$1 billion.
In Hong Kong since 1984, we offer a full range of financial services which include asset management, bond and securities broking, futures & options, foreign exchange, unit trusts, insurance, investor education and investment research. With a strong financial position and together with a 600+ dynamic sales force to provide high standard professional services to our clients, we are now one of the most fully fledged financial services firms in Hong Kong.
At Phillip, we provide you the necessary platform to scale to greater heights. If you have the drive and aggressiveness to go the extra mile, the opportunity awaits you. Don't miss the chance to join the winning team and advance your career with us!