KaiOS is a mobile operating system for smart feature phones that stormed the scene to become the 3rd largest mobile OS globally (2nd in India ahead of iOS). We are on 100M+ devices in 100+ countries. We recently closed a Series B round with Cathay Innovation, Google and TCL.
We are looking for an engineer in test for our Hong Kong-based advertising technology team to work alongside our software, data and DevOps engineers. The team is in charge of our ads SDK, several advertiser- and app publisher-facing web applications, a scalable microservices-based real-time backend and underlying AWS infrastructure.
You will be responsible for exploratory testing, developing and executing automated tests and manual test plans for highly technical features that involve any combination of app, device, web front-end, APIs, data streams, various databases and downstream data systems. Your instinct is to progressively automate yourself out of repetitive tasks and you have the skills to do it.
What we are looking for:
- Engineering background and academic qualifications
- Extensive experience in software testing, quality assurance, designing test plans and test cases
- Extensive experience with test automation and relevant frameworks appropriate for each part of the stack, CI / CD
- Fluency with SQL, experience with a variety of databases, including non-relational
- Extensive experience with testing REST APIs
- Experience in data-centric environments
- Extensive experience with Linux and AWS, including services such as EC2, S3, RDS, Athena, CloudWatch, etc.
- Outstanding analytical thinking, organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience working in cross-functional delivery-focused agile teams
- Experience with iterative development across multiple work streams
- Clarity of thought and ability to communicate your findings with team members through surgically precise and concise bug reports, verbally and via other channels
KaiOS Technologies powers an ecosystem of affordable digital products and services. Its flagship product, KaiOS, is the emerging mobile operating system for smart feature phones with more than 50 million active users in over 100 countries. KaiOS is based on HTML5 and other open web technologies. Devices running on the platform require limited memory, while still offering a rich user experience through access to apps like the Google Assistant, WhatsApp, YouTube, Facebook, Google Maps, and Twitter.
Kai’s mission is to help close the digital divide by bringing mobile connectivity to the billions of people without internet in emerging markets, as well as providing those in established markets with an alternative to smartphones. To make this happen, Kai partners with leading ODM/OEMs and carriers, such as AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, Reliance Jio, Orange, MTN, China Mobile, HMD, Doro, and Bullitt. Kai is also backed by major technology and telecom industry players, including Google and Reliance Jio. Together with these partners, Kai focuses on creating affordable devices and data plans that make internet access a reality for everyone, while simultaneously helping partners transform their business models.