- New buying office in Hong Kong from a US Listed Company
- New Position with around 10-20% travelling to China and overseas
- Leads a small team and reports to Sourcing Director
About our client:
Our client is a US-listed company with operations around the globe. Due to their expansion, they are now seeking a Sourcing Manager in their newly established office in Hong Kong.
- Responsible for the negotiation and management of all direct materials.
- Coordinate strategy and overall implementation of all cost reduction initiatives, delivery, quality, inventory, and vendor management projects.
- Evaluate new and existing suppliers using both quantitative and qualitative metrics to meet corporate objectives.
- Work closely with Engineering, Quality, Regulatory and other teams to meet all fulfillment and replenishment activities required to support production needs and develop supply base.
- Identify emerging trends and technologies, while evaluating potential risks as well as “problem” areas.
Essential Job Functions:
- Accountable for all vendor selection criteria, supply agreements and the management of such
- Responsible for the development and implementation of the strategic plan for each commodity
- Responsible for year-over-year cost reductions • Identify and evaluate suppliers to assure quality, pricing and supply to all sites involved
- Responsible for all supplier development activities to ensure continuous improvement
- Responsible for the monitoring of market trends as it relates to all major cost drivers
- Develop KPI's and reporting for the Global Supply Chain group
- Work in conjunction with hardware development, product management, quality, and purchasing to ensure seamless transitions
- Bachelor degree in related field such as Supply Chain Management, Business, Operations Management
- MBA preferred but not essential
- 7 - 10 years of progressive supply chain experience in a managerial capacity, preferably including global and outsourcing activity related to electronics, plastics, and
- Knowledge of vertically integrated sourcing strategies, and supply chain enablement
Please click on the ‘Apply Now’ button below and send us your updated resume. (with your notice period, current and expected salary).
Your interest will be treated in strict confidence and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only. Personal data provided will be used strictly in accordance with the relevant data protection law of Hong Kong
Special Administration Region.