We are looking for an outstanding classroom teacher with the ability to teach Art and Photography to KS3 - KS5. This will be a fantastic opportunity to be a part of a strong and rapidly growing department, teaching primarily fine art at GCSE level and some
Art and Photography at Key Stage 3. The candidate will need strong subject knowledge in fine art and experience with basic photography would also be beneficial. They will need to be very able in drawing, painting and print-making amongst other fine art practices.
Roles and Responsibilities:
-Teaching and Assessment
-Wider professional roles
- Planning KS3, IGCSE and A Level lessons and sequences of lessons to meet student’s individual learning needs and to ensure student’s progression.
- Using a range of appropriate strategies for teaching and learning and classroom management.
- Challenge and support students to engage in a wide variety of Art forms.
- Maintain a well organized and stimulating learning environment.
- Using learning technologies to enhance learning.
- Using information about prior attainment to set expectations for students.
- Using a range of assessment and reporting methods that show student’s achievement in relation to learning outcomes.
- Providing clear and constructive feedback to students and their parents and caregivers.
-Other responsibilities , projects and duties
- Planning and engaging in professional learning activities that support school and systematic priorities
- Taking responsibility for own professional development and using the outcomes to improve teaching and students’ learning
- Making an active contribution to the policies and aspirations of the school
- Ensuring administration of classroom procedures are completed efficiently
- Collaborating with members of the school community to build a team environment that supports students’ learning
- Managing a year level or subject area
- Assisting with or managing an aspect of daily school management
- Assisting Head of Art, Principal and Vice principal with the performance of specific functions
- Assisting with or managing a specialist function such as student welfare, excursions or camp coordination
- Supervising a range of student activities including support and welfare programmes
- Contributing to school -wide professional development programme
- Ensuring the Art room is well maintained.
28 January 2021 – 12 May 2021
Qualifications and Training:
- Holder of Bachelor's Degree in Art or relevant subject area; and with a teacher certification
- Excellent level of English
- Holder of permanent HKID or dependent visa in Hong Kong
- Experience in teaching Art (At least 3 years of Key Stage 3, IGCSE and A Level teaching experience. Teaching learners with diverse language and learning needs. A range of settings ideally also in an international school environment Using technology in learning)
The successful candidate will:
How To Apply:
- Be well-organized and able to develop and monitor key systems and processes that enable an orderly environment both inside and outside of the classroom.
- Develop and foster the learners’ confidence and skills to enable them to become autonomous self- regulated learners.
- Build learning-focused relationships and foster trust amongst the whole school community.
- Have excellent collaboration and teamwork skills that foster effective co-planning and co-teaching.
- Be a confident user of technology to transform learning.
- Be a reflective practitioner and a life-long learner. Deal effectively and non-confrontationally with learners, staff and parents to positively influence others.
- Be community and internationally minded and want to participate beyond their classroom.
Interested candidates please send your full CV by clicking "Apply Now". Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
All personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only and will be kept strictly confidential.