The IT Digital & Channels Solutions Department is responsible for the overall management and delivery of the wagering distribution channel technologies including fixed internet, mobile, retail, telebet, kiosk, selling terminals and devices. In addition, the team delivers high performance, reliable and secure channel distribution systems connecting to Pari-mutuel and Fixed Odds Wagering Systems.
The JobYou will:
- Be a technology leader in the team helping address key technical problems and challenges from technology selection to scalability, availability and performance problem resolution, in addition to build functionality based on requirement specifications & high level architecture design from architects.
- Perform 2nd line support for production systems as well as various test or on-site support
- Conduct system design review and software & code inspection to ascertain conformation to best design and coding practices on system deliverables
- Identify potential areas regarding software application development where existing policies and procedures are required to change, or when new approaches need to be developed.
- While reporting to development manager, they will also work with project manager, solution architects and business users during the analysis, definition and development phases. You will help to document system design and requirement according to business requirements.
About YouYou should have:
- University degree or above in Computer science or Engineering or equivalent.
- At least 7 years IT experience with strong technical acumen for detailed design and development, with solid real world software development experience
- Working experience leading developers
- Experience with variety of project management methods (Scrum, Kanban,iterative, waterfall, etc.).
- Hands on experience developing application from start all the way to production rollout and support
- Experience in kiosk or digital signage solution would be a definite advantage
- Web development experience in web application using one of the main modern web framework e.g. ReactJS, VueJS, AngularJS
- Experience of one of the mainstream OOP language: Java, C++, preferably C#
- SQL development experience with one of major relational database system:
- PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle, IBM DB2, Sybase, SQLite, etc. preferably MS SQL
- Experience with RESTful API , WebSocket
- Knowledge of modern application development methodology and best practices, including DevOps/SRE, TDD, BDD, Dependency Injection, DDD
- Knowledge in following would be an advantage: Microsoft Windows IoT, NET Core,
- Entity Framework, SignalR, Video/Audio encoding/decoding technologies and equipment.
- Other relevant technologies: GIT, Jenkins, API management products like WS02,
- Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect, Ansible, IBM Urban Code Deploy, Splunk,
- ELK Stack, Linux, Python
Terms of employment
The level of appointment will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. A contract employment will be offered to the successful candidate. Contract renewal will be subject to mutual agreement between the Club and the individual.
How to Apply
Please send your resume, complete with expected salary and job reference by clicking the Apply Now button or to:
Mail: The Human Resources Department, The Hong Kong Jockey Club, 1 Sports Road, Happy Valley, Hong Kong