- Work with our customers to investigate, evaluate and successfully resolve technical problems providing assistance to resolve technical faults.
- Diagnose hardware, software and network related problems and carry out independent research to find technical solutions where necessary. Where a solution cannot be identified, work closely with our engineering teams, to escalate as appropriate.
- Logging and then transferring non-technical service issues to relevant teams (such as internal sales, operations, customer services and sales order processing), assisting with Technical Support related administrative tasks, when required.
- Provide advice on configuring and optimizing Company’s products, to ensure that services are running effectively.
- Provide customers with downloading software upgrades, product keys, licenses and documentation as permitted by their maintenance contract.
- Operate within the helpdesk software, updating tickets and generating knowledgebase articles.
- Carry out on-site installations and provide customer training, as required.
- Some after-hours/weekend work may be required.
- Higher Diploma in Computing or related discipline
- Proven experience in a customer facing role, with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate at all levels in the spoken and written English.
- Strong customer focus, self-motivation and the flexibility to work outside core hours and the able to work under pressure are vital.
- Functional use of MS Office; Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and the ability to learn and utilize support tools and databases.
Thales is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates. Information provided will be treated in strict confidence and will only be used for recruitment-related purposes. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the employer personal data policies.
Interested parties please send your detailed resume with expected salary in WORD format to recruit.hk @thalesgroup.com.
Thales is a leading multi-domestic electronics and systems group, addressing Defence and Security, Aerospace and Ground Transport markets worldwide. State-of-the-art technologies combined to the expertise of 67,000 employees in 56 countries make Thales a key player in assuring security of people, assets, infrastructures, cities and nations.
Present for over 30 years in China and strong of its 800 people working across the country, Thales has become a trusted partner to local customers in the aerospace, space and urban transportation domains.
Committed to the long-term in Hong Kong, Thales enjoys a presence since 1997 and 300 staff, including 250 in transportation systems and 50 in information technology security. A large proportion of them are specialized engineers, which reflects the high level of competences required to deliver against complex multidisciplinary projects. This concentration of capability, products, and services means effective solutions can be delivered to our customers in Hong Kong, Mainland China and throughout the region.
Thales Hong Kong local capabilities encompass solutions and services in the transport and security domains.
Mobility systems are designed to make transport more agile, optimise network capacity and efficiency, and facilitate travel while improving people and traffic flows, saving energy and curbing greenhouse gas emissions. Our portfolio covers such solutions as communication-based train control and signalling systems, integrated communications and supervision systems and revenue collection systems.
Security solutions cover such areas as citizen protection, anti-terrorism, protection of critical infrastructure and information technology security (ITS). Specifically, our ITS offer encompass network encryption, data storage security for data, transaction security, PIK/Password/PIN/Data encryption, security system management and identity management.
Based on this comprehensive portfolio, we are now developing smart city platforms, which enable closer integration of these solutions and other systems to coordinate day-to-day operations, plan and manage major events and provide high-level oversight in crisis situations.”