Our client is a UK based company that provides services for mobile operators world-wide. They are a growing company with about 190+ employees and offices in Europe, Asia, India, Cairo and the US. Their core competency is the provision of services around the commercial aspects of mobile roaming, in particular data and financial clearing. Their services are based on proprietary software and operated centrally. The software is based on Web and Oracle technology and its main purpose consists in processing and distribution of roaming data, settlement of charges between the operators and providing business intelligence applications to our customers.
Role Purpose & Context
The Technical Customer Support Expert will be responsible for providing customers with technical support in all our products. The role holder will acquire technical product knowledge to be able to support customers as well as Customer Account Managers and Sales Account Managers with all technical questions. They will also be responsible for understanding and capturing new customer requirements and interfacing with the Product Management team to communicate these requirements to determine feasibility of change management process.
- Support global customers in all technical aspects of using the company's products and services, a major part of which will be reporting
- Level 2 customer support
- Technical support for Customer Account Managers, Sales and Account Managers
- Interact with customers to understand new technical requirements and communicate these requirements where relevant to company product managers to determine feasibility and applicability to the product development order book.
- Work with product managers to establish the level of effort and if product enhancements are chargeable and communicate to Sales Account Managers and Customer Account Managers to manage customer’s expectations.
- Take requirements, document them and help convert into detailed technical documentation that can be understood by the company's software development teams
- Support implementation and migration of customers in all operational technical aspects.
Key Performance Indicators
- Customer satisfaction levels
- Timely resolution of queries according to SLA
- Accuracy of captured requirements
- BSc/BA degree or equivalent;
Strong knowledge of international roaming and/or interconnect from work experience at a mobile operator or (ideally) a clearing house
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical requirements
- Specification writing
- Understand technical concepts (FTP, VPN, HTTPS)
- Have knowledge of network and infrastructure concepts
- Understand system interoperability and interconnectivity
- Familiar with best-practice security concepts
- Ability to build strong customer facing rapport and relationships
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English
- Ability to work independently and prioritise projects and tasks
- Methodical and thorough working style
- Good team player
- Sensitivity to different working styles based on cultural background