The Transportation Analyst is to act as a TMS/OTM support personnel and consultant dedicated to one of Schenker’s Top-10 Key Accounts. You are responsible
for the daily monitoring of domestic and international shipments to ensure on-time delivery. You will utilize the TMS: Oracle Transportation Management (OTM) system to plan shipment activity with optimal mode and carrier selection. You ensure that the lowest
cost transportation is used by analyzing company and customer needs, researching transportation methods, and auditing carrier costs and performances. Furthermore, you interpret laws, rules, and regulations regarding global shipping adherence to client business
rules. You will measure shipper and carrier performance and work with shipper and Transportation providers to drive compliance and continuous improvement. You will assist Users of the application and work with Warehouse Operators and Freight Forwarders to
identify opportunities for improvement.
- Support daily Users of the TMS/OTM application to root cause failed orders
- Provide User feedback on failures and provide User training to eliminate future failures
- You will be the functional point of contact for shippers and transportation providers for resolution of order and shipment failures
- You assist in developing customer presentations for identified savings initiatives
- You monitor end-to-end processes: Orders, Order Release, Shipment creation, optimization, Carrier Tender, to Delivery
will conduct team calls with Shipping parties and Transportation providers to facilitate compliance and continuous improvement
and manage dynamic Action Tracker to manage open action items across diverse, cross-functional Team
- You are responsible for loading Carrier rate packages in the TMS/OTM application. You maintain an extensive amount of carrier rates and customer profiles
and other pertinent data in the Oracle TMS system
- You maintain logs and compile information on locations, routes, rates, and services on various vendors. You configure Rate Offerings and .csv
upload Rate Tables in OTM application
- You assist and aid shipping sites for questions regarding the Oracle TMS functional process
- You will act as the APAC Project Manager for On-Boarding and Trainng new Users and Shippers.
- Work with Client IT organization for B2B integration monitoring and troubleshoot order failures. Debugging/troubleshooting critical configuration issues
e.g. Planning problems, commitment allocation, lane rate mismatch and itinerary issues
interpret business requirements to make recommendations for software configuration to optimize efficiency
participate in software testing to insure that the model is designed and working according to the vision
- Analyzing feasibility and impact of various Change Requests (CRs) on existing requirements, before implementing the same in the solution
- Preparing Root-Cause Analysis (RCA) for any critical /repetitive business issues/concerns reported by the client so as to provide a permanent resolution
to such issues
- You will perform some light configuration duties. Configuring and Demonstrating key end-end business scenarios
- You provide general assistance with other transportation-related issues.
- In this position, you will routinely act independently while researching and developing solutions to customer issues.
- You must be capable of performing all of the essential functions with or without a reasonable accommodation
Your qualifications, experience & skills:
- Bachelor Level in Logistics and 3- 5 years’ related experience in a job
- You have proven capability to create and maintain your analytical skills.
- Experience with writing SQL
- Experience with Agile software methodology and deployment processes
- Beginning or Intermediate knowledge on OTM functional capabilities.
- Basic or intermediate knowledge on OTM technical capabilities & integration requirements
- Multi-tasking ability to work different programs and plans at the same time
- Good Client facing skills, excellent communication, presentation and design documentation skills
- You are able to communicate with all levels of an organization
- Willing to Travel to client sites
- You have the ability to travel regionally and to manage your own agenda and work proactively and autonomously
- Strong English skills essential (written and verbal)
- Work location: Wan Chai
Interested? We are looking forward to receiving your online application including availability and salary expectations.
(Please quote the Job Reference Number on the subject of your application.)
(All information collected will be used for recruitment purpose only.)
To know more about us, please visit