United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and
banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.In 1935, amid the economic uncertainties following the Great Depression, UOB opened its doors to offer banking services for the merchant community in Singapore.Since
then, UOB has grown organically and through a series of strategic acquisitions. Today, UOB is rated among the world’s top banks: ‘Aa1’ by Moody’s and ‘AA-’ by Standard & Poor’s and Fitch Ratings.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It
is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
The Wholesale Bank function operates a dynamic business model that provides financial services and solutions to help our clients achieve their strategic business objectives. Our mission is to become the premier-provider of banking services and solutions for
Asia-based commercial banking companies (small medium enterprises), large corporations, financial institutions as well as multinational corporations. Our coverage teams work in full alignment with specialised teams across Transaction Banking, Investment Banking,
Global Markets and Group Retail to deliver seamless solutions to our clients.
- Supervise AML / KYC Control Team to execute role and responsibilities as defined in the group and local AML/CFT policies and procedures
- Verify completeness and validity of CDD documents and appropriateness of AML/CFT risk assessment. Communicate the results to internal and external stakeholders, in particular BUs and Compliance. Ensure approvals as stipulated in the AML/CFT policies and procedures
- Ensure timeliness of CDD review and within prescribed SLA
- Proactively keep track with CDD review status and liaise with key stakeholders on outstanding / incomplete CDD documentation and / or deficiencies in the AML risk assessment
- Compile AML related escalation / MIS reports to AMLC as well as local and group management
- Provide professional advice on CDD related matters to BUs
- Identify process and control deficiencies and enhance respective risk mitigating control procedures
- Rectify deficiencies identified by Group Audit, Risk, Compliance, Regulators, or self-assessment
- Escalate identified suspicious activity to the appropriate personnel (e.g. Money Laundering Reporting Officer) where applicable
- Initiate end-to-end CDD process streamline to improve productivity
- Other duties to be assigned by Head of Client Fulfillment & Service
- At least 10 years of relevant working experience in Wholesale Banking
- Holder of Certificate of Anti-Money Laundering Professional (CAMLP) or equivalent
- A highly-motivated self-starter and team player with strong analytical, interpersonal, negotiation and organisation skill. Drive for results to support/grow the business, sustain intensity & optimism while focusing on delivering client delight
- Strong writing, presentation, communication, influencing skills with good spoken and written English, Cantonese and Mandarin
Be a part of UOB Family
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate's age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business
needs, job requirements and s. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application. Apply now and make a difference.