Galaxy Entertainment Group is welcoming a Vice President level Site Architect to join our project team for the new development. Our new Integrated Resort which will associate an additional 4,500 new hotel rooms to our existing flagship Galaxy Macau. Our 40,000 square meters of MICE space with 16,000-seat arena, together with our signature resort deck and other attraction facilities will add additional excitement and synergies into Macao.
Reporting to the senior executives within the Project team, this position will represent the Deign team and act as the main technical adviser on a construction site. You will work closely with the contractors and internal teams to ensure the deliverables are aligned with GEG’s designs and brand standards.
Your primary responsibilities include:
- Hands on and be able to guide and interface with all contractors and consultancies in developing design themes, space planning and finishes in accordance to established brand standards.
- Roles of site architect – execute design on site
- Acts as the main technical adviser on a construction site for contractor, subcontractor, stakeholders and site team (designers, interior designers, and drafters)
- Audie construction activity to ensure construction takes place as per the drawings; Monitor contractor and subcontractor performance and identify any quality issues
- Vetting and approval of architectural drawings and shop drawings to highlight discrepancy, if any
- Coordinates work with engineering, construction and internal teams. Review and approve detailed design and construction drawings and specifications if needed
- Ensure project data integrity and documentation is accurate, timely and coordinated. Track progress of each project against goals, objectives, approved budget and timelines
- Provide design direction and creative input on all range of projects form inception and ensure a consistently high standard of design work is delivered.
- Lead project delivery resources team and provide project guidance and direction to achieve the best goals, work is delivered lead project delivery resources team and provide project guidance and direction to achieve the best goals
- Ensure the design deliverables are compliance with statutory requirements, interface with FoH/BoH/F&B/Retail and Casino areas.
- Ensure the design in on-brand to fit all brand standards and requirements
Role requirements include:
- 25+ years related experience with strong background in architecture design and site coordination with property developer / integrated resort
- Degree holder in architecture or related subjects. Registered architect is preferred.
- Strong design and brand control portfolio of luxury hospitality projects. Skilled at innovative solutions and processes to achieve desired design solutions and to ensure targets are met and standard secured.
- Solid site experience and effective communicator. Be able to lead and challenge contractors and consultants
- Creative thinker, effective communicator, with strong team leadership and mentorship management capability.
- Strong influencing skills – have the ability to lead and challenge consultants and contractors.
- Flexible to working in a complex matrix organization environment
- Able to station in Macau and work through weekends and public holidays if required