Major bank seeks experienced VP to join their Data Management team with focus on Data Quality
Your new company
Is the retail and commercial business platform of a larger banking corporation. They have many branches in Hong Kong and offer a wide array of banking products and services to customers, including consumer banking services, commercial banking services, corporate banking services, private banking services and cross-border financial services, etc.
Your new role
- Envision & shape the governance, scope, framework and implementation plan in relationship to data quality management
- Collaborate effectively with technology, operations/ process, business and other stakeholders to formulate and lead task force/ project team on data quality to define data quality governance structure, identify critical data elements, and define data quality dashboards/ KPIs for ongoing monitor and review
- Perform data quality profiling and analysis, identify issues where applicable
- Formulate remediation strategy/ approach; drive, coordinate and collaborate with stakeholders on remediation activities; orchestrate between different data quality initiatives
- Establishing every-day business accountability for data, distinguishing ownership for data definition through to ownership of critical "point of capture" business processes
- Route data quality issues identified by data consumers to the relevant data producers in order to drive remediation & prevention
What you'll need to succeed
- Bachelor's / master's degree in Computer Science, Data and Information Management or a related discipline
- Minimum 4 years' banking experience in information and data management, leads and campaign management, MI reporting with respect to programming and database architecture
- Expertise in data/information management and data subject matters with track record in developing and successfully implementing data/information management strategy.
- Proven experience in leading and driving data quality management initiatives with measurable achievements
- Knowledge of data structures, data systems and tools and related software and data management policies and practices in a complex organisational environment an added advantage
- Solid background and knowledge with data processing tools: SAS, VBA, SQL etc.
- Business process analysis skills, including the ability to analyse and document the current processes and organisations that create and manage the client data
- Excellent project management skills are a must with the ability to get things done through others not directly under his or her supervision,
- Ability to challenge practices and gain consensus between legacy approaches and /or conflicting priorities
- Excellent leadership, organisational, problem solving, influencing and communication skills
What you'll get in return
In addition to a generous monthly salary of up to HKD $55,000 per month, you will also receive a package of benefits and also be eligible for discretionary bonus following your first full year's employment.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or contact Alistair Reynolds now on +852 22307931 or [email protected]
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact Alistair for a confidential discussion on your career.