Position Title: Warehouse Management Systems Solution Architect
Reports to: Supply Chain Management & Merch Director
Department: Global Technology
Purpose and Objective of Position:
We are looking for a strong candidate with a passion for technology and a desire to apply technology to meet business objectives with strategical view. You will own, develop and continuously improve the applications that runs the core of our business related to all the Warehouse Management Solutions for key business functions in DFS.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for providing in depth content expertise and knowledge on business Warehouse Management processes for logistics, global and local distribution centers, wholesales, retail and omnichannel operations, including how IT can support those processes.
• Important not have a silo approach and look beyond the line of expertise for links between business processes and integrate with other IT areas envisioning the future of retail in his/her area of responsibility.
• To be involve and provide input to the Global Technology Strategy, serving to the Governance Board, ensuring input in decision-making process. Therefore, it is critical to deliver high level assessments in a short period of time to ensure timely strategic decisions.
• Takes a lead role in pro-active search for areas of process improvement and ensures connectivity to customers in the business in this respect.
• Interacts with Business, Service Delivery and Service Providers in decision-making processes regarding new solutions.
• Responsible to lead the area for Warehouse Management in the technology area, managing the team of solution architect and business analyst, being responsible for the full life-cycle of the product, enforcing the best practices in the Retail Warehouse management applied to all DFS logistic needs.
• Responsible to enforce and improve the best practices in the Retail Warehouse management applied to all DFS logistic needs.
• Pro-active involvement in the Global Technology growth and improvement in processes and service delivery.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
Bachelor or higher degree in Engineering, Computer Science, IT or Logistics.
Minimum of 10 years of experience in international WMS implementation projects including global templates.
Experience working with nearshore/offshore teams.
Experience with support tools, Project management and global SharePoint.
Proactive attitude used to change environments and communication and leadership skills.
Required knowledge in JDA for:
▪ Warehouse Management (WM)
▪ Integration with other ERPs, preferably SAP, TXT Retail and Informatica PIM.
▪ Integration with other replenishment and assortment systems DFS Approved Month Year
Additional valuable skills:
▪ PMP or ITIL Official Certifications for Project Management or Services Management.
▪ Projects Quality Assurance, Business Warehouse - BW/BI, SAP Supply Chain, SAP Retail, SAP Commercial. Licenses / Certifications Certifications will contribute as a plus, such as:
▪ PMP or ITIL Official Certifications for Project Management or Services Management
▪ Projects Quality Assurance, SAP Retail, JDA, MDM and TXT Retail.
Critical knowledge & skills including tools, software applications, language, etc.
Excellence understanding for:
▪ Supply Chain Logistics and Warehouse Management processes with complex distribution centers environment and processes, including international purchases and deliveries. Applicable to the major ERPs in the market (SAP, JDA, Manhattan, ...)
▪ Omni-channel Commercial processes in the Retail or Consumer Goods industries.
▪ Global Trade Regulations (Customs)
▪ Experience with support tools, Project management and collaboration tools.
▪ Proactive attitude used to change environments and communication and leadership skills.
Other Qualifications / Core Competencies
You have to possess skills and experience to work with the key stakeholders (departments responsible, product manager, business users) to understand business requirements and recommend industry best practice solutions. Team Management: You have to have good management skills to lead a team to deliver changes and projects.
Communication: You have to have great communication skills (listening, written, verbal, visual) and can understand the views of stakeholders (both IT and non-IT).
Critical Thinking: You can think critically – planning, organization, decision making, initiative and judgement. Emotional Intelligence: You have high emotional intelligence and can lead, collaborate and influence with sensitivity, objectivity and humor even in uncomfortable situations.
Comfortable with Diversity: You enjoy and thrive working in an organization that has a diverse workforce and partner network.
Working Conditions / Environment
• Able to travel monthly, to work with the Global Technology and Stakeholders teams based in Singapore and Hong Kong.
After more than 50 years in the travel retail industry, DFS is recognized as a leading luxury shopping destination for the world traveler. Throughout our history, we have nurtured the relationships built with our customers, our brand partners and our employees. As the luxury and travel retail industry has developed over time, so too has our ability as an organization to adapt – a phenomenon that can be traced to the inspiring people at DFS.
OUR PROMISE is to be The World Traveler’s Preferred Destination for Luxurious Shopping.